MILWAUKEE YAMAHA BACK ON TRACK AT BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA BACK ON TRACK AT BRANDS HATCH
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha began their 2013 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship campaign at Brands Hatch in Kent today (Friday), however with cold conditions hampering the opening session the team made progress in the afternoon session with James Ellison and Josh Waters ending fifth and fifteenth respectively.

Ellison was able to complete 28 laps this afternoon as he clocked the fifth fastest time as he returned to the SMR team, whilst Waters completed similar mileage as he continues to get to grips with the circuit as he prepares to make his race debut.

Ellison said:

“Today was alright to be honest but the track temperature did make things a bit sketchy, although it was the same for everyone and it is all relative. I said to my crew chief Mick (Shanley) that I wanted to be within 0.5 seconds of the fastest time this afternoon as we didn’t want to push too much in those conditions so I am happy enough. We have some big changes for tomorrow and then we will see what it brings for qualifying.”

[Image: milwaukeerider77.jpg]

Waters said:

“It has been a steady day as we didn’t really get any proper laps in this morning but I am not too worried as we have another free practice tomorrow. I think for me, I have just been getting my head around the track and once I have slept on it tonight I will be ready to push on again tomorrow. I know we can pick up some time so we just need to hope for some more dry conditions.”

In the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship William Dunlop ended the opening day on track in seventeenth place.

Pic by Impact Images
05-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Website Find Reply