FRONT ROW START FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AT SEASON OPENER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FRONT ROW START FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA AT SEASON OPENER
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team will start the opening race of the 2013 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season from the front row after James Ellison qualified third at Brands Hatch with Josh Waters lining up on row four.

Ellison proved he has the pace to be in contention for a podium finish in the opening races of the season at Brands Hatch tomorrow as he continued to push for the front row, ending just 0.315 seconds adrift of pole-sitter Shane Byrne. Waters continues to get to grips with the Milwaukee Yamaha and having experienced the qualifying format for the first time is now looking forward to his race debut tomorrow from sixteenth.

Ellison said:

“I am enjoying the Milwaukee Yamaha and I have gelled with the bike straight away. It is nice to be at an event where you know you can be fighting at the front every weekend. We have been working hard all winter and the team have done a great job but these other guys will make it difficult in the races. I am happy with qualifying third as normally I am not that good in qualifying if I am honest! If today is anything to go by then we should be good for the races tomorrow.”

[Image: ellisonbrands2013-3.jpg]

Waters said:

“I obviously would like to have been higher up the order but we have made some changes and then tomorrow with a good start I think we can aim higher. The qualifying system was new to me so that is something else I have learnt today so I am feeling good. I was happy that I could string together the laps consistently and that is what is important; to keep moving forward.”

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2013, 10:35 AM by Malcolm.)
07-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Website Find Reply