WATERS CONFIDENT ON THRUXTON DEBUT AS MILWAUKEE YAMAHA RETURN TO ACTION
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WATERS CONFIDENT ON THRUXTON DEBUT AS MILWAUKEE YAMAHA RETURN TO ACTION
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team got the second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship underway at Thruxton as the opening two sessions took place in contrasting conditions. Josh Waters ended seventh fastest on his debut at the track whilst James Ellison’s positive progress was later hampered by a technical issue which left him seventeenth fastest.

The opening session took place in wet conditions and Ellison and Waters headed out on track together with the pair riding in formation in eighth and ninth respectively. In the afternoon the track dried out with Waters setting the seventh fastest time, whilst Ellison’s early progresses was halted with a technical issue which the Milwaukee Yamaha team are now working to overcome ahead of tomorrow’s Datatag Extreme Qualifying session.

Ellison said:

"Today we had a tough afternoon as we had some issues and we are now figuring out what the problem was as we seemed to be struggling with power. Whenever we accelerated it felt like we were starting from scratch, so the boys in the garage are working on that now and I am sure that we should then be set for the morning. Tomorrow is another day; we have qualifying to look forward to and hopefully we can get a good position for the Milwaukee Yamaha team.”

[Image: joshwatersatbrands2013.jpg]

Waters said:

"Today was better for me than the first day at Brands Hatch and it all came together faster for me here. I had a lot to learn having never seen the track before, but we had better conditions than at Brands Hatch with the track temperature so I think that helped me. I am feeling more prepared and we will see how tomorrow goes but overall I am happy with how it has gone so far and looking forward to qualifying tomorrow.”

12-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Website Find Reply