MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET FOR RACEDAY AS CONDITIONS CAUSE QUALIFYING CANCELATION AT THRUXT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET FOR RACEDAY AS CONDITIONS CAUSE QUALIFYING CANCELATION AT THRUXT
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team had a premature end to the day at Thruxton as the qualifying session was cancelled this afternoon at Thruxton due to heavy rain, with the grid for the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race decided on the combined free practice results.

Josh Waters will start from the second row of the grid in seventh whilst James Ellison will be aiming for a flying start in the race as he starts from the fifth row of the grid in seventeenth after his session yesterday afternoon was hampered with a technical problem.

Ellison said:

“It was a good call by the organisers as conditions were too dangerous this afternoon but I am gutted that we have to start so far back on the grid due to the issues we had yesterday. We have the pace to run at the front for sure, but we haven't seemed to have the luck we need these last two rounds. We just have to get our heads down tomorrow in the race and get the Milwaukee Yamaha back at the sharp end.”

Waters said:

“A second row start isn’t too bad as I can hopefully get in and follow the lead group in the races tomorrow. We made some changes so we will see what the weather does in the morning; there are certain sections where I know I need to work at a bit more in warm up so we can see where we are at tomorrow. Hopefully we can have two strong races for Milwaukee Yamaha.”

14-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Website Find Reply