Easton wins eight-way Motorpoint British Supersport Championship scrap
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easton wins eight-way Motorpoint British Supersport Championship scrap
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2013.jpg]

Stuart Easton secured a double victory in the second round of the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship after winning the Feature race following an eight-way dice for the lead.

Seeley held the lead on the opening lap from Billy McConnell and Ben Wilson, with the Gearlink Kawasaki rider taking the advantage at Campbell before a high-speed slip streaming at Woodham Hill dropped him down the order again to third.

Easton had hit the lead on the third lap with a move on his Gearlink Kawasaki rival Seeley at Club and remained ahead until a lap later when Seeley stole the advantage on the fifth lap at Club but it wasn't long until the Mar-Train Yamaha was back at the front.

[Image: thruxton2013supersportrace2.jpg]

Easton was defending hard as the Gearlink Kawasakis pushed hard behind with Wilson moving back ahead of Seeley, with the 'Wizard' then pushing ahead at the end of lap ten to take the lead from Billy McConnell who had charged to second and Easton in third.

Easton then took the lead at Club to head Seeley, Wilson and McConnell as the positions swapped throughout the closing stages as they tussled for the Feature race victory. Easton was holding the lead when the race was red flagged for an incident at Club. Mar-Train Yamaha celebrated the double win as Easton was victorious from Wilson, who had out drafted Seeley on the previous lap. The Smiths Racing Triumphs of McConnell and defending champion Glen Richards were fourth and fifth respectively ahead of Seton Tuning Yamaha's Graeme Gowland and Samsung Honda's Jason O'Halloran.

Easton said:

"That was a tough race; I thought that is would settle a bit, and spread out with it being longer than yesterday but more riders came into contention. I was a bit weak into the Complex but strong where it mattered into the last chicane where I still had to make the pass. I was never able to get away so it was hard work. But I've won three out of four races so far and had one slip off so I am doing everything I can for the team who gave me a rocket of a bike here."

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Thruxton, Feature race result:

Stuart Easton (Mar-Train Yamaha)
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.201s
Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.315s
Billy McConnell (Smiths Racing Triumph) +0.575s
Glen Richards (Smiths Racing Triumph) +0.993s

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship standings after Thruxton:

Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) 77
Stuart Easton (Mar-Train Yamaha) 75
Billy McConnell (Smiths Racing Triumph) 66
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 65
Graeme Gowland (Seton Tuning Yamaha) 41