Physical problems slow Ben
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Physical problems slow Ben
[Image: benspiesofficiallogo.jpg]

The first American weekend of the 2013 MotoGP Championship concluded before a large and enthusiastic crowd (approximately 61,000 spectators).

After a minute of silence to honor the victims of the recent tragedies in Boston, Massachusetts, and West, Texas, followed by the national anthem, the roar of motors took over the Hermann Tilke-designed circuit.

Ignite Pramac Racing Team rider Ben Spies suffered from a problem in his chest that struck during the morning warm-up session, preventing him from riding at the level he had shown himself capable of during the previous sessions, in which he had steadily reduced his best time. He finished in thirteenth place, with a best lap time of 2:06.607.

[Image: benspiesusa2013.jpg]

Ben Spies – Ignite Pramac Racing Team

“I had a little problem with a nerve in my chest for some reason. I don’t know if it’s from overcompensating for my shoulder problem, which is actually getting a lot better compared to Qatar. That said, two laps before the end of the warm-up, I had a twinge in my chest. It was like a knife, so we went to the clinic and they worked on me a lot and got me ready for the race. I tried as hard as I could during the race, but it wasn’t enough. At 8 laps to go, it was either come in or salvage whatever points we could. We need to work harder and get back to 100% and just keep working with the bike. I’m more disappointed for the team, friends, family, fans, Ducati, and Ignite Pramac, because they deserve better.”

Francesco Guidotti – Pramac Racing Team

“These two rounds took place on two really tricky circuits, at a time when our riders are in less-than perfect physical condition, so the gap to the top riders is larger than it could be in a normal situation. We look forward to the European circuits, which both riders already know, and for which they’ll have had a chance to rest and recover. We expect to finish closer to the lead group.”

22-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Website Find Reply