Scottish test for Samsung Honda ahead of Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Scottish test for Samsung Honda ahead of Oulton Park
[Image: samsunghondahdr.jpg]

The Samsung Honda team were back on track today (Friday) as Ryuichi Kiyonari, Alex Lowes and Jason O'Halloran continued their testing programme ahead of the May Bank Holiday round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park.

Lowes has been a consistent podium finisher in the opening four races of the season and currently lies second in the overall standings; he utilised the day on track to make further setting adjustments whilst team-mate Kiyonari was working on some radical changes to boost his campaign. The pair were also joined by Motorpoint British Supersport Championship contender O'Halloran as the team continue their development of the new CBR600RR.

Lowes said:

"I really enjoyed today after not getting any laps in yesterday. It's a track I have really struggled with in the past, but I knocked half a second off my previous best and tried lots of things that we have not had the chance to up until now with lack of track time. I understand the bike a lot better after 148 laps today and will be aching tomorrow, but I have improved the feeling and now can't wait for Oulton Park. I just want to say a huge thanks to the team for their hard work today."

[Image: samnsungatknockhilltest2013.jpg]

Kiyonari added:

"Today was a good day for me and we had had a little bit of improvement and I am starting to feel more comfortable but we still need to do some more work at Oulton Park. I understand more about this machine after the laps today and we will try hard to step up at the next round. The improvements will be good for Oulton Park and the rest of the season and we will keep trying."

O'Halloran said:

"Today went well; we did 151 laps and made some good step forwards towards the end of the day with the air bleed and general changes. We are right in the ball park and have done a load of laps at race pace so it was a very positive test for us; it was a shame about the weather yesterday but we made up for it today."

Team manager Havier Beltran concluded:

"After no track activity yesterday due to high winds and poor conditions today we have been able to recover and complete a high proportion of what we needed to achieve. Alex and Jason have done around 150 laps each and managed to test a variety of settings which has been very productive. Kiyo has been testing some radical changes and has also achieved a large amount; it is still a work in progress but this time on track will definitely help before the next round at Oulton Park."

22-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Website Find Reply