Guy Martin Ready To ‘Brew’ Up Some Action At Cookstown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Guy Martin Ready To ‘Brew’ Up Some Action At Cookstown
[Image: cookstown100hdr.jpg]

After a successful day’s racing at Scarborough with four wins yesterday, Tyco Suzuki rider Guy Martin comes to this weekend’s KDM Cookstown 100 Road Races in top form. If you add in the Dunlop brothers, William and Michael, on their Honda and Yamaha machinery; not forgetting Lisburn’s Michael Pearson [Hotties Road Racing Team] and the super-fast southern trio of Wayne Kirwan, CD Racing’s Derek Sheils and Waterford’s Brian McCormack – a new recruit to Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Vauxhall Dealers NI Kawasaki team – it promises to be an enthralling day of racing to officially open the national road racing season.

Martin is entered in both Superbike races this coming Saturday [April 27] on his factory-backed Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000: the Open Class sponsored by O2 Cookstown in association with the Royal Hotel Cookstown, and the feature race of the day – the KDM Hire & Royal Hotel Cookstown 100.

The Lincolnshire rider will also roll out his Tyco Suzuki GSX-R600 in the Cookstown District Council & Braeside Bar and Restaurant Supersport race, and with the Dunlop boys William and Michael also on factory-prepared Supersport machines – the 600cc class could well be the race of the day. The aforementioned riders will all feature again in the middleweight class, with Saintfield’s Davy Morgan also worthy of a mention, as is Jamie Hamilton – another of the KMR Kawasaki recruits.

Looking ahead to this weekend’s event, Martin said: “Yeah I’ve only good things to say about the Cookstown 100. It’s a well run event and the fans are mad for it boy… they are mad for it. For me it doesn’t really matter what the weather is doing, but for the boys behind the hedges and organisers, I know they’d rather have it proper dry for a good day’s racing. I can deal with that.”

Playing down his aspirations for the weekend, the Tyco Suzuki man added: “They always put out a top class field of riders at Cookstown, and with the two Dunlops on the grid, it should be a right good meeting. Yeah it’s maybe regarded as a run out before the North West and we can say the results don’t matter, but I’ve still got the lap record and I’d like to keep hold of that. And I’m sure the Dunlops wont be messing around – so we’ll certainly have a go.”

For further information please go to http://www.cookstown100.com

23-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Website Find Reply