Marquez targets podium finish in Jerez
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Marquez targets podium finish in Jerez
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Marc Marquez heads to Jerez as the MotoGP™ World Championship leader, having already become the youngest rider in the history of the sport to claim both a pole position and race victory. The weekend marks the first of four Grands Prix in Spain this year, with the Repsol Honda Team rider looking to maintain his podium record.

Since stepping up to the top tier of the series, Marquez is yet to finish off the rostrum. His maiden victory last time out in Texas came off the back of a third place finish in Qatar. Having mirrored the results of reigning champion Jorge Lorenzo, it is the 20-year-old newcomer who officially tops the riders’ standings by virtue of having claimed the most recent victory. Should he finish in the top three for a third successive event, he will become the youngest rider in MotoGP™ history to do so.

[Image: marquezinaustin2013.jpg]

"The Austin race is a weekend I will never forget and I would like to thank you all for all your support and kind messages!" Marquez says. "Now we arrive back in Europe and it's important to keep our feet on the ground and remain focused. All the other riders have much more experience than me at these circuits and we will need to work hard.

"I'm looking forward to racing in front of the Spanish fans for the first time on a MotoGP machine and we will try our hardest to get the best result - if we can achieve a podium then it would be great! Our goal is to keep learning and to finish each race."

Should Marquez win Sunday’s race, he will make himself the youngest rider to triumph in back-to-back fashion.

01-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Website Find Reply