No substitute for Spies in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
No substitute for Spies in Spain
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

With Ben Spies on the sidelines, Ignite Pramac Racing has announced that there will be no substitute rider for the American at this weekend’s Gran Premio bwin de España.

In Texas last time out, Spies suffered immense chest pains during the pre-race Warm-Up session as a trapped nerved proved to be the by-product of the ongoing shoulder injury that was picked up in a crash at last year’s Malaysian Grand Prix.

At Ducati Team, test rider Michele Pirro makes his first appearance of the season as a wildcard entry, although nobody will ride alongside Andrea Iannone at Pramac.

[Image: benspiesonpramacducati.jpg]

‘There will be no substitute rider for Ignite Pramac Racing Team racer Ben Spies, who stayed back home in Texas in order to undergo intensive treatment as he works to regain his physical fitness following the operation to his shoulder and the problem with his pectoral muscle, suffered during the last round, in Austin,’ reads a Pramac Racing statement, published from Jerez on Thursday morning.

“I want to send my best wishes and good luck to the team for the race and also thank everyone who has sent me their best wishes for my recovery,” adds 28-year-old Spies, who was riding for Yamaha Factory Racing at the time of his crash in Malaysia. “I am doing my absolute best to get back to 100%, where I need to be, for the team and Ducati.”

Experienced Spies’ absence in the garage could prove a disadvantage to new teammate Iannone who, after stepping up from the Moto2™ class, is about to contest his first Spanish Grand Prix on MotoGP™ machinery.

03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Website Find Reply