Rutter celebrates the big 4-0-0 at Oulton Park!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rutter celebrates the big 4-0-0 at Oulton Park!
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Michael Rutter is gearing up for his 400th race start in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship next weekend (4/5/6 May) at Oulton Park as the Bathams Honda rider prepares for one of the milestone moments in his career.

Rutter has been fighting back in the opening two rounds of the Championship despite overcoming a break at the base of his tibia from a pre-season testing crash with the Honda TT Legends World Endurance team. However a resurgent fifth place finish in the second race of the weekend last time out at Thruxton proved the 'Blade' is determined to celebrate his historic start in style on Bank Holiday Monday.

[Image: rutterpreoulton2013.jpg]

As part of the celebrations Rutter will also be presented with a limited edition commemorative helmet by Black Horse at the event, which will later be given away to one lucky fan in a competition via his official website (www.michaelrutter.com)

Rutter said:

"To think that I have done that many races just in this Championship alone is something that definitely sticks in your mind as almost a bit crazy, especially if you think of how many laps that is just in races without qualifying or practice sessions. I think someone said it equates roughly to 12,000 miles if you try and average it out for the races, which is a lot of track time! It's a significant event and I think after the good race we had at Thruxton plus the extra time for my injury to heal, it should be a good chance to try and improve again; perhaps we can also have something else to celebrate at Oulton Park!"

03-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Website Find Reply