TYCO SUZUKI EYES OULTON BSB WIN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO SUZUKI EYES OULTON BSB WIN
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki riders Josh Brookes, PJ Jacobsen and Taylor Mackenzie are looking forward to this weekend's third round of the British Superbike and Supersport Championships at Oulton Park on Bank Holiday Monday; hopeful of a first season win.

Brookes scored two podiums in last year's race, while his new BSB team-mate Jacobsen made his Oulton Park and British Championship debut for Tyco Suzuki last July at Oulton in the Superstock class. Supersport rider Taylor Mackenzie was just finding his feet in the 600cc class this time last year and will be hoping for better things this time around on the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R600.

Josh Brookes:

"Oulton is a complete contrast to both Brands Indy and Thruxton, but as I've said before, I don't get too hung-up on what circuit we are at and whether I like them or not - as I have to race and perform at them all if I want to win the championship. Last year we were strong at Oulton with five podiums over the two rounds there, but took no wins, so that's the goal this weekend; consistency and a top-step or two is what we are after."

PJ Jacobsen:

"It's good to be back racing this weekend and Oulton Park was certainly a fun round last year on the Superstock bike. The Superbike will be a whole new proposition around there, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm making progress all the time, both on and off the bike and this past two weeks have given me a chance to look over data and discuss things with the team. I'm not making any predictions but we'll be giving it our all on Sunday and Monday."

Taylor Mackenzie:

"We've had a pretty steady start and like PJ I'm still learning my new bike and new team, but loving every minute of it. Last year Oulton was tough going at the May race as a rookie in the class, but I improved come July; so hopefully this time around on the GSX-R600 - which I love riding - we can push into that top-10 as a starting point - and maybe catch the coat-tails of the front group and score some decent points."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"Oulton Park: I think as a team we have experienced every sort of emotion at the Cheshire venue during the years we've been competing in British Championship, but it is a circuit I enjoy, and I think it will suit our riders and our both GSX-R machines in Superbike and Supersport.

"Josh is hungry for his first win of the year, and in our young guns, PJ and Taylor, what I will be looking for is progress with no heroics. Oulton is a track that can bite back and catch you out if you make silly mistakes, so it's a matter of building it up for them both. The Bank Holiday meeting at Oulton always attracts great crowds, so hopefully the blue and white Tyco Suzukis are the machines doing the entertaining."

03-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Website Find Reply