Easton claims pole in tense Motorpoint British Supersport qualifying
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Easton claims pole in tense Motorpoint British Supersport qualifying
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo2013.jpg]

Mar-Train Yamaha's Stuart Easton stole pole position in the closing minutes of the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship qualifying session from long time leader Gearlink Kawasaki's Alastair Seeley. Seeley was on course to top the qualifying for the first time since 2011 before Easton doubled up on his Thruxton pole in the dying moments.

Easton said:

"That was another good qualifying session for us and we still have some tweaks to make to the Mar-Train Yamaha, just a few little things here and there ready for the race which should make a big difference. The session was as close as usual and I no doubt it will be the same in the race this afternoon; it is early days but each of the races I have finished I have won so I would quite like to add to that this weekend!"

[Image: eastonoultonpole2013.jpg]

Reigning champion Glen Richards was just a fraction behind in third whilst Seton Yamaha's Graeme Gowland makes his first Sprint race front row start in fourth. The session ended with just one minute remaining when Billy McConnell and Rob Guiver fell at Lodge corner. McConnell was unhurt whilst Guiver suffered a grazed hip.

Motorpoint British Supersport Championship, Oulton Park, qualifying:
Stuart Easton (Mar-Train Yamaha) 1m:38.187s
Alastair Seeley (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.014s
Glen Richards (Smiths Racing Triumph) +0.164s
Graeme Gowland (Seton Tuning Yamaha) +0.474s
Billy McConnell (Smiths Racing Yamaha) +0.521s

05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Website Find Reply