QBSD MOTORSPORT & MARIA COSTELLO HEAD TO THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
QBSD MOTORSPORT & MARIA COSTELLO HEAD TO THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
[Image: mariacostelloracinghdr2013.jpg]

Maria Costello MBE attended the British Superbike meeting at Oulton Park on Bank Holiday Monday to announce that she will be competing on a QBSD Motorsport supported Honda Fireblade at this year’s Isle of Man TT Races.

Costello, the former fastest woman to lap the Isle of Man TT course and QBSD Team Manager and British Superstock racer, Jamie Poole, waited until the ever popular Oulton Park round of the BSB to make this announcement giving them a record number of spectators to broadcast their news to as well as the online listeners of the BSB Radio.

Jamie Poole and Maria Costello met back in 2011 when they shared the track in the Ducati 848 Challenge and, as they are both Northamptonshire based motorcycle racers, have remained friends in the sport and are looking forward to working together in this joint venture.

Jamie is the co-owner of QBSD Motorsport alongside Mark Quelch and between them they run three Superstock machines at BSB level with two riders (one of which is Jamie) in the 1000cc class and one in the 600cc class. Maria will ride the QBSD Fireblade in three races at the TT; the Superstock, Superbike and Senior races on the Fireblade.

QBSD Manager, Jamie Poole said:

“Having a bike at the TT was always going to be part of our future plans, but after talking with Maria and seeing her passion for the event we decided to bring our plans forward. Maria will be competing on a Honda Fireblade that we will supply, prepare and support throughout the run up to the TT and during the two-week event. Mark Quelch will be in attendance providing all of the mechanical and technical support. Both Mark and I are very excited about supporting Maria and with her experience, knowledge and love of the Isle of Man, we are looking forward to a successful 2013 TT.”

[Image: mariawithqbsdguys.jpg]
Mark Quelch, Maria Costello MBE and Jamie Poole
QBSD and Maria join forces for 2013 TT Races.
By Craig Frier

A beaming Costello added:

“I couldn’t be happier. I get to compete on a bike that goes well at the Isle of Man and John McGuinness, the fastest man to lap the TT, has been telling me for years that I should get a Honda. It should be the perfect tool for producing a new personal best. Working with a local based racer and team is really the icing on the cake. Not only do I get the bike I wanted and work with a professional and experienced outfit, I know we can provide sponsors with some great publicity. I’m just so excited.”

Sponsorship opportunities are still available and both Maria and QBSD would like to hear from any businesses or individuals that have an interest in obtaining some unique media exposure and free advertising generated by a female motorcycle racer with a high profile; one that has published her autobiography and received an MBE for services to motorcycling. The dedicated TT TV program is aired in over 35 countries, reaching an estimated 209, 627,000 households.

For more information about this opportunity please contact:

maria@costelloracing.com Mark@qbsdmotorsport.com or Jamie@qbsdmotorsport.com

Maria has also set up an online ‘TT Entourage’. A club specifically set up for members of the public to get their name added to the side of Maria's QBSD supported Honda Fireblade. To find out about the different options available go to http://www.costelloracing.com/entourage.html

[Image: qbsdlogo.jpg]

09-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Website Find Reply