William Dunlop - Looking Ahead NW200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop - Looking Ahead NW200
[Image: wdunloplogo.jpg]

Build up to this years North West 200 starts from Saturday with many events such as the Ulster TT Heros Exhibition at Ballymoney Museum. This is open all week (except Sunday) from 9am – 5pm and well worth a visit (admission is free).

After recent testing at Cadwell Park on the Milwaukee Yamaha Superbikes I’m buzzing at the thoughts of these big bike getting their first road running, I cant wait and I am sure Connor Cummings feels the same! The first practice / qualifying session starts on Tuesday morning. Hopefully throughout the week we see plenty of dry conditions. Current 10 day weather forecast is a mix of showers & sun. Lets be optimistic and hope the showers stay away!

[Image: wdunloptesting1.jpg]

Thursday has the second practice & qualifying session from 9.30am – 2.30pm. Roads close again at 5.15pm for the first 3 races of 2013 (Supersport, Supertwin & Superstock). I will be in 2 of the 3 races, Chris Dowd’s / Milwaukee Yamaha’s Supersport and the Milwaukee Yamaha Superstock. The 600 Supersport class as always will be very competitive. Obviously I will push hard for a repeat win like last year, however, you could just as easily find yourself lying in 6th.

On Saturday I will be competing in 4 out of the 5 races (Superbike x 2, Supersport & Superstock). The Superbike is seen as the big one and I’m sure everyone entering has their sights on the 3 steps come the end of the race. All teams have a strong lineup, Shaun Muirs Milwaukee Yamaha have turned out a fantastic looking bike and one that should be very competitive. I am yet to reach a podium on the superbikes at the North West and this is a challenge I hope to achieve in 2013.

[Image: wdunloptesting2.jpg]

As always local support & support from further afield has been fantastic and its humbling to see. The North West week is always a busy time for me but I will try keeping you informed via my website and twitter. Should you wish to leave a message comments below will remain open throughout the NW200 week. If you don’t already do so you can follow me on twitter (@dunlop6) and we can come up with a hashtag where I can pick up your comments and reply.

Finally I would like to thank my personal sponsors Torque Tronix & Haldane Fisher for their support in 2013, along with others listed here.

Images from Testing Milwaukee Yamaha Superbike

10-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Website Find Reply