Upbeat Stuart Easton vows ‘there’s more to come’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Upbeat Stuart Easton vows ‘there’s more to come’
[Image: nw200logo2013.jpg]

Stuart Easton is confident he has ‘more to come’ after the Scottish rider gave a solid account on his return to the North West 200 during Tuesday’s first practice session.

The 29-year-old from Hawick was fifth fastest in the Supersport class on the Mar-Train Racing Yamaha R6 as he reacquainted himself with the north coast circuit after missing the event in 2012.

Easton will also ride in the Superbike class on a Yamaha YZF R1 and was 13th quickest on Tuesday on the Superbike, which he has only tested twice in preparation for the North West.

[Image: eastonmcpintansteyatnw2013.jpg]

“Conditions were slightly iffy at the start, but it was the same for everybody, although we qualified well on the Supersport bike and were just a few seconds off the pace,” he said.

“I’m quite happy with that, as I know the bike pretty well now having ridden it in the opening three British Supersport rounds. It’s just a matter of getting back into the North West 200 circuit groove now, as I know there’s a lot, lot more to come.

“With the Superbike we have a few things we need to change, but on the whole... it’s not a bad start to be honest.”

Easton is flying high in the British Supersport Championship after winning four of the six races held so far and is tipped as a key contender in the 600cc class, with the first of two races taking place on Thursday evening.

Team principal, Tim Martin, added:

“Taking the conditions into consideration in the morning, it was a good run. ‘P5’ is satisfying enough in the Supersport class, even though Stuart struggled to get a clear lap, but as usual he was able to give the boys positive feedback, so I’m happy with that.

“We have a few adjustments to make on the Superbike but we’re content.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 16-05-2013, 09:25 AM by Malcolm.)
16-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Website Find Reply