Milwaukee Yamaha get NW200 underway
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha get NW200 underway
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha riders William Dunlop and Conor Cummins opened their 2013 Vauxhall International North West 200 accounts earlier today, during the opening practice and qualifying sessions in Northern Ireland.

Inclement weather conditions made decision-making on set-up and tyre choice all the more difficult for both riders and their respective teams, but Dunlop posted fourth in the Supersport session and fifth in Superbike.

Manxman Cummins was just behind his Milwaukee Yamaha team-mate taking eighth place in the Supersport session on the north coast, and ninth in Superbike. Both men posted top 20 lap times in the shortened Superstock* session, which closed today's proceedings, but overall it was a positive opening day for the Milwaukee Yamaha squad.

Dunlop said:

"I'm pretty pleased with how that went today considering it was really the first time we've ridden the 600 Supersport bike. I just did some safe laps and got a few miles in, so to be fourth is a bonus at this stage. The Superbike, what can I say, it's absolutely awesome. I only got one dry lap but I think we can be really competitive on that bike. It is ridiculously fast and I wasn't even holding it flat today. The chassis is really good and I'm very happy with the guys around me, so it's been a good start."

[Image: wdunlop2nw2013.jpg]

Cummins said:

"The Supersport bike felt really good today but I'd one rider in particular stupidly jumping inside me when I was on my flying lap. The Superbike is wickedly fast but we have a few stability issues to iron out, so I couldn't give it full gas. I was building up to speed but we ran out of time in that session. Working with Mick Shanley and the Milwaukee guys is great, and I know we'll get all the little issues sorted for Thursday. So far so good."

[Image: conor1nw2013.jpg]

Supersport First Qualifying

1. John McGuinness [Honda]
2. Bruce Anstey [Honda] +1.317s
3. Guy Martin [Suzuki] +1.955
4. William Dunlop [Milwaukee Yamaha] +2.162
5. Stuart Easton [Yamaha] +3.225
6. Michael Dunlop [Honda] +3.813
7. James Hillier [Kawasaki] +6.207
8. Conor Cummins [Milwaukee Yamaha] +8.053
9. Cameron Donald [Honda] 8.964
10. Michael Sweeney [Yamaha] +11.248