CUMMINS SECURES SIXTH IN SUPERSTOCK RACE AT NORTH WEST 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CUMMINS SECURES SIXTH IN SUPERSTOCK RACE AT NORTH WEST 200
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Conor Cummins fought his way through to sixth place in last night's Livewire AV Solutions Superstock race at the Vauxhall International North West 200. The Manxman impressively posted the fourth fastest lap of the race on his Milwaukee Yamaha. His team-mate William Dunlop retired on the penultimate lap with a shoulder problem.

The Ballymoney Borough Council Supersport race was the first on the public roads of Northern Ireland last night, in difficult conditions. Cummins took 18th place with William Dunlop again retiring when a connector plug disappointingly worked its way loose, forcing his Milwaukee Yamaha into the retarded pit lane mode.

[Image: conorsstocknw2013.jpg]

Cummins said:

"I'm delighted with the Superstock result for the whole team as we've all had limited track time and the conditions were not ideal. We made the wrong tyre choice in the Supersport race but it was a gamble and that's what it required sometimes in those conditions. It was a tough first couple of races but I'm inspired by the Superstock result going into the full race programme."

Dunlop said:

"The 600 is working well and I'm not too disappointed as the bike is fast and we have it sorted now for Saturday and more importantly it'll all be up to speed for the TT. My shoulder popped out in the Superstock race on the run down into the chicane ay Magherabuoy. I pulled over and got it put back in by the medics, so I'll get it strapped up for tomorrow, but we're also getting there with the 'stocker. Two retirements but I'm positive enough."

Team Owner Shaun Muir concluded:

"Thursday night was an okay run but we made the wrong tyre choice for both riders in the Supersport race, but it really was difficult conditions. We are all delighted for Conor in the Superstock race and it could well have given us a fourth place but sixth in those conditions with limited track time is satisfying enough on the first day of racing. William was struggling a bit on the big bike and was unlucky on the Supersport bike with a small connector problem. That's road racing for you; hopefully the weather comes good and can play into our hands on Saturday."

Supersport Result [5 laps]

1: Alastair Seeley [Kawasaki] 24:55.528

2: Michael Dunlop [Honda] +1.349s

3: Guy Martin [Suzuki] +24.937s

4: Bruce Anstey [Honda] +38.587s

5: Stuart Easton [Yamaha] +40.737s

6: Dean Harrison [Yamaha] +42.073s

18: Conor Cummins [Milwaukee Yamaha]

DNF: William Dunlop [Milwaukee Yamaha]

Superstock Result [6 laps]

1: Alastair Seeley [Kawasaki] 28:34.583

2: Bruce Anstey [Honda] +0.296s