Optimism all round at Repsol Honda Team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Optimism all round at Repsol Honda Team
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Repsol Honda Team heads to Italy off the back of three consecutive Grand Prix wins in Texas, Jerez and Le Mans. For this reason, championship leader Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez are equally upbeat ahead of the Gran Premio d’Italia TIM.

Since stepping up to the MotoGP™ class, Pedrosa and Repsol Honda have won just once at Mugello, but this fact is not deterring the buoyant Spaniard.

“After the race at Le Mans, I've managed to relax this week and I feel good physically,” Pedrosa begins. “Mugello is a nice track and one that I really enjoy riding. It's a fast track with long corners, so it's important to have a good feeling with the bike. Usually the weather is good to us and there is a great atmosphere with all the fans there. I am leading the championship which is very special, so I hope we can arrive at Mugello and that the bike works well there so we can have a good race.”

Rookie Marquez had topped the riders’ standings for two races after his maiden Grand Prix victory in Austin. The 20-year-old now sits six points behind Pedrosa.

“I'm really pleased with the race at Le Mans,” says the reigning Moto2™ World Champion. “It was great experience for me to ride in the wet, but now I am happy to go to Mugello and hopefully have some nice weather! Mugello is a difficult circuit, perhaps one of the most difficult in the World Championship…the other riders are so fast there so I'm sure it's going to be tough, but as always we will give out 100%!”

The last two Mugello events have been won by Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing), who is now yet to claim a victory since the opening race of 2013 in Qatar.

29-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Website Find Reply