Rossi reveals pain after Mugello crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi reveals pain after Mugello crash
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Valentino Rossi admits that he felt the effects of the first-lap crash that took him out of his home Grand Prix at Mugello two weekends ago.

Three corners into the race in Italy, Rossi went off the circuit and into the protective barriers following contact with GO&FUN Honda Gresini’s Alvaro Bautista. The Yamaha Factory Racing rider has now restored his target of finishing on the podium as the sport moves on to Round 6 in Catalunya.

[Image: rossimugello.jpg]

"For a few days after I had the crash at Mugello, I hurt everywhere!" Rossi explains. "Fortunately I was able to start training immediately and I did not waste any time. The Barcelona race will be very important, especially after recent results.

"I want to get on the podium in Spain and I will do my best as usual. It will be important to start the weekend in the best way and have a good qualifying - it will be very important to start from the front."

So far this season, Rossi’s best grid position is his fifth place ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix in Jerez. He last won the upcoming Barcelona race in 2009, dramatically passing teammate Jorge Lorenzo in an overtake at the final corner of the race.

12-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Website Find Reply