World Supersport chance awaits Michael Dunlop
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
World Supersport chance awaits Michael Dunlop
[Image: mdunlopraisedfists.jpg]

Michael Dunlop is in line for a World Supersport ride with Simon Buckmaster’s PTR Honda team before the end of the season.

Dunlop earned Buckmaster’s maiden Isle of Man TT victories with a brace on his PTR-prepared MD Racing Honda in the Supersport class and the seven-times Island winner hasn’t ruled out making his bow in the world championship later this year.

The Ballymoney rider is a man in hot demand following his stunning TT four-timer and told the News Letter he is ‘excited’ by what the future may hold.

Dunlop has also confirmed that he could ride the Honda TT Legends Superbike at the Southern 100 at Billown in July plus the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix at Dundrod in August.

“It’s not out of the question that I might go to a world round this season.

“As far as road racing is concerned I really don’t know where I’m going and I really don’t know where I’m going as far as short circuits are concerned either,”
he said.

“Simon [Buckmaster] has said that he’d try and get me to a World Supersport round before the year is over.

“It’s nice to see that finally people are taking notice of me.

“I’m really looking forward to whatever my next race is but at the minute we’ll just see what doors open for me and go from there,”
he added.

“It’s going to be interesting to see how things turn out and then we’ll take it from there.”

PTR World Supersport boss Buckmaster described Dunlop and his MD Racing team as ‘a joy to work with’ and said the potential for the 24-year-old’s World Supersport debut was ‘something to watch out for’.

“From our side we cannot praise the commitment and focus of Michael Dunlop enough,” said Buckmaster.

“He, Gary Ryan and the rest of the MD racing boys were a joy to work with.

“A few things to watch out for as this year goes on is there may even be an appearance from Michael Dunlop at a World Supersport event – watch this space.

“Together with Gary Ryan we will try and make that happen and I am sure many of you will come along to see just what he can do,”
said Buckmaster.

“I have every faith in him, he is not just a road racer, this is a talented rider with good feel for a bike.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
12-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Website Find Reply