Milwaukee Yamaha: The TT Overview
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha: The TT Overview
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

After an encouraging Isle of Man TT with William Dunlop and Conor Cummins, Milwaukee Yamaha now look forward to the rest of the international road racing calendar, starting at the Southern 100 in July.

Ulsterman William Dunlop gave the Milwaukee Yamaha team a podium in the opening Monster Energy Supersport Race at the TT in third place, and narrowly missed out on a second Supersport podium in race two - despite a phenomenal last lap of 127.173mph. He finished ninth in the four-lap Superstock race on the same day with a best lap of 126.741mph.

The Ballymoney lad took ninth place in the opening race of TT2013, the Superbike TT with a best lap of 128.311 from a standing start on lap one, which was encouraging in his first TT race aboard the Milwaukee R1 Yamaha.

In the Senior TT, despite carrying the remnants of a shoulder injury, which was aggravated at the North West 200, William joined the 130mph club, with an impressive lap of 130.028mph - his new top mark on the Mountain Circuit. William was as high as second place on the opening lap, eventually finishing seventh in the blue riband six-lap Senior TT encounter.

His Manx team-mate Conor Cummins finished fifth in the Superbike TT and despite still working on perfecting set-up on his Milwaukee Yamaha Superbike, Cummins recorded three laps in excess of 128mph, with a best lap of 129.091mph.

Cummins retired from Monster Energy Supersport Race 1, but took tenth place in the second middleweight encounter. The Ramsey man also had the misfortune to post retirements in the Superstock and Superbike races, but is now looking ahead to the Southern 100.

Dunlop said:

"I was really happy with my opening lap in the Senior TT and the bike was good enough for a lap of 131mph; I just wasn't fit enough with my shoulder giving me a few problems in the last few laps, but I know we can win on that bike at the Ulster Grand Prix.

"In the Supersport races, the level at the top hasn't changed, it has just got stronger down through the field. 127mph would have been good enough for two wins last year, but things move on. I am disappointed with the results as the bike was so good, but again we can be stronger as the season goes on.

"I got on with the boys really well and especially enjoyed working with Pete Jennings, who listened to me and dialled in settings that I wanted and run with them, which I really appreciated. We just need more time on the bikes now as I don't want to be finishing second to Michael or Guy, or anyone else when we get to the UGP."

Cummins added:

"I was happy enough with fifth place in the Dainese Superbike TT, but this year's whole event was a bit frustrating - as I just couldn't find a setting that I was really comfortable enough with to challenge the boys at the front.

"Sometimes I wasn't riding the Superbike, it was riding me, but it's an awesome bit of kit and mega fast; a great bike. We just need some set-up time before the Southern 100, and I'll be working my backside off to maintain my physical condition. Thanks to all the boys for a big effort at the TT. I believe we have a winning package."

Team owner Shaun Muir concluded:

"We can take a lot away from this TT and know where we can improve for the future, which is important. William really got his head down and delivered a Supersport podium and that 130mph lap on the Superbike, which is encouraging. His shoulder injury certainly came into play in the latter laps, but the top three start in the Senior TT was very positive and I'm happy with the effort. Along with Conor, as a team, we were frustrated with the constant battle to find a set-up for him and not being able to get him as comfortable as he would like this TT. We now need to baton down and look ahead to the Southern 100 for both riders."

13-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Website Find Reply