De Puniet highly encouraged by Suzuki pace
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
De Puniet highly encouraged by Suzuki pace
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

Randy de Puniet has dubbed Suzuki’s Monday performance in Barcelona ‘a great job’, with the Japanese manufacturer having joined the Official MotoGP™ Test

The Circuit de Catalunya outing for Suzuki’s in-line four, 1,000cc prototype marked the first time the bike had gone up against other, current racing machinery.

"I am satisfied because the first test at Motegi was quite good and now we are at a GP track, with most of the other riders and running in the same conditions," explained the Frenchman, who is contesting the current campaign with Power Electronics Aspar.

[Image: depunietonsuzukifor2015.jpg]

"I think we did a great job because I’m only seven tenths slower than the best lap time today and after only 50 or 60 laps; all of the other riders have already been here for three days. I am satisfied, but think we could be even faster if we had one more day.

"Anyway, it’s a good start because we now go to Aragon for a two-day test, so I really hope to do the same job and have the same feeling with the bike."

Suzuki’s two-day MotorLand Aragon test will run from Wednesday, sharing the track with Repsol Honda Team, Yamaha Factory Racing and LCR Honda MotoGP.

18-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Website Find Reply