Jeremy McWilliams to make debut at Armoy road races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jeremy McWilliams to make debut at Armoy road races
[Image: jezzaforarmoy2013.jpg]

Jeremy McWilliams will compete in his first Irish national road race when he takes part in the Supertwins class at the Armoy road races on 26 and 27 July.

The former grand prix star has previously only contested the North West 200 international race, where he won the Supertwins event this year.

McWilliams will again ride for Ryan Farquhar's KMR Kawasaki outfit.

Brothers Michael and William Dunlop, plus McWilliams' team-mate Jamie Hamilton, are also set to race.

Michael Dunlop dominated the event last year, taking a hat-trick of victories in the feature, Open and Supersport events.

Glengormley man McWilliams explained that a parade lap at Armoy last year had whetted his appetite to race this time round.

"It is a really exciting circuit - I thoroughly enjoyed the parade lap and the whole event at Armoy last year.

"It took me back to when I was a teenager going to the road races and reminded me of the much loved heritage of the sport, its great atmosphere, the brilliant buzz and fantastic road racing.

"The North West this year has given me a real taste for the roads and I'm really looking forward to July and giving Armoy a go."

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
19-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Website Find Reply