JACOBSEN UPBEAT AFTER SETTING LAP RECORD PACE AT TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JACOBSEN UPBEAT AFTER SETTING LAP RECORD PACE AT TEST
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

With Josh Brookes currently having a well-earned rest in Australia following a packed opening third of the season, his young Tyco Suzuki BSB team-mate PJ Jacobsen, made the most of the Northern Ireland sunshine yesterday at Kirkistown Race Circuit.

The 20-year-old completed a successful test with his crew, working on a number of chassis options on his GSX-R1000 Tyco Suzuki Superbike. It was undoubtedly the most productive test the New Yorker has completed since joining the Moneymore based team – matching the strongest ever lap times, set at the Ards Peninsula venue by a TAS Racing employee.

[Image: pjjacobsenabove.jpg]

PJ Jacobsen:

“The weather was great at Kirkistown and for me, the test went beyond good, for sure. We made a lot of progress with the chassis and worked on how I like the bike to respond. At the very end we did a race simulation and I was on lap record pace on virtually every single lap. There’s always a benefit to testing and I’m now glad we sat out the Snetterton test as we achieved a lot more at Kirkistown.”

Team Manager Philip Neill said:

“We can take a lot of positives away from that test at Kirkistown and for me, it’s been a very productive day working with PJ in many different departments. The changes we made were all about improving confidence and consistency. We must not forget this is still PJ’s rookie season in BSB but he’s a big talent for the future – and I got more than a glimpse of that during the test.”

27-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Website Find Reply