TYCO SUZUKI ON SNETTERTON BSB FRONT ROW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO SUZUKI ON SNETTERTON BSB FRONT ROW
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Josh Brookes will start tomorrow's opening British Superbike race at Snetterton in Norfolk from the front row of the grid after qualifying his Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 in third place earlier today.

His team-mate PJ Jacobsen, who is making his Snetterton 300 BSB debut, narrowly missed out on the third and final qualifying session and will start race one from row three in eleventh position.

Josh Brookes:

"We have some improvements and changes to make before tomorrow's first race, and even though I'm not yet lapping as quick as I did here last year, we did make progress during the three qualifying sessions. The front row is where we need to be, so it's just a matter of starting well and read the race from there. The boys have been giving me a hard time about 'some rugby match' that was going on earlier today, but I suppose they should be happy as it's taken them about 15 years to beat Australia!"

PJ Jacobsen:

"The session went okay for me. I spoke to Josh about some of the problems I was having and he has given me good advice. In saying that, my consistency was pretty good and I think once we sort out the problems in morning warm-up we'll be fine."

In the opening British Supersport race of the weekend, Taylor Mackenzie fought his way back after a sluggish start to finish 11th on his Tyco Suzuki GSX-R600, just behind series leader before the weekend, Stuart Easton. The young Scottish rider's pace improved as the race progressed and he is now looking forward to tomorrow's second outing over 15 laps. He starts from row three just in front of fellow Scottish rider Easton and reigning champion Glen Richards.

Taylor Mackenzie:

"I got caught up a little at the start of the race but enjoyed fighting my way up onto the back of Easton. I could possibly have taken 10th place on that last lap but made a little mistake in the second sector and lost about half a second. It sets me up well for tomorrow. I just need a strong start."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"We can't complain about a front-row start for Josh tomorrow and PJ acquitted himself well in his first qualifying at Snetterton. We have a few things to try in morning warm-up with both riders but we're quietly confident for tomorrow's opening race. Taylor impressed me today in the closing stages of the Supersport race and if we can get him onto race pace that little bit quicker in tomorrow's second outing, he is well capable of a top result."

British Superbike Qualifying:

1. Alex Lowes (Honda) 1m: 48.106s
2. Shane Byrne (Kawasaki) +0.387s
3. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +0.966s
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) +0.984s
5. James Ellison (Yamaha) +1.177s
6. Chris Walker (Kawasaki) +1.212s
7. Tommy Bridewell (Honda) +1.273s
8. Jakub Smrz (Honda) +1.307s
9. Jon Kirkham (BMW) +1.500s
10. James Westmoreland (BMW) +1.547s
11. PJ Jacobsen (Tyco Suzuki) + 1min: 49.922s