Rossi heads to Sachsenring ‘with new spirit’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi heads to Sachsenring ‘with new spirit’
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi even surprised himself with his magical return to winning form at Assen and he now approaches the Sachsenring with an invigorated spirit.

Indeed, given what his 80th premier class victory meant to his team and masses of loyal fans, Rossi carries huge motivation into the eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, at a venue where he holds a solid record.

The Sachsenring circuit has witnessed numerous victories for the Italian, with Rossi having taken a 250 win in 1999 and four MotoGP™ victories at the track in 2002, 2005, 2006 and 2009.

"I'm going to the Sachsenring with a new spirit," the Yamaha Factory Racing rider states. "I am very happy for the Holland race. Now I want to keep it going like that. We also want to confirm at the Sachsenring the step we’ve made with the bike.

"We must continue to improve the bike, as we did after testing at Aragon, because we now want to try to fight for important positions. We want to stay with the top guys every weekend. I really like the Sachsenring and then there will be Laguna Seca. These will be two very important weekends."

Then riding for Ducati Team, Rossi finished ninth in Germany in 2011 and last year he was sixth, which was his best dry weather result from the first eight races of 2012.

11-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply