Byrne: I don't intend on resting on my laurels at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Byrne: I don't intend on resting on my laurels at Brands Hatch
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

A turf war is set to erupt at Brands Hatch this weekend (19/20/21 July) at the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as Shane 'Shakey' Byrne targets glory at his home round.

Byrne has notched up a run of seven straight wins on the Grand Prix configuration but title challengers including Alex Lowes, Josh Brookes and James Ellison are aiming to end his run of form as tens of thousands of fans are set to flock to Kent for another scorching weekend both on and off the track.

Byrne heads the standings coming in to his home round but Lowes beat the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider last time out at Snetterton, something the Kent ace doesn't intend on happening again this weekend.

[Image: shakeyprebrands2013.jpg]

Byrne said:

"We have a record of wins at Brands Hatch but I don't intend on resting on my laurels as the last round at Snetterton showed that we need to keep improving if we want to stay ahead. Alex, Josh, James - they all want to be scoring more points than me and then there is Kiyo too! Brands Hatch is my home round and I certainly don't go to an event to finish second, so we will work hard and hopefully that puts us where we need to be in the two races on Sunday."

17-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply