Michael Dunlop makes it a full house for his ideal home event
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Dunlop makes it a full house for his ideal home event
[Image: armoyhdr.jpg]

Armoy road race chiefs are in the happy position of reporting a full grid in all classes for Saturday's Race of Legends event, with over 150 riders registering for the 10 race programme.

TT Honda Legend Michael Dunlop added his name to his local race to complete an impressive line-up of top names with Clerk of the Course, Bill Kennedy, saying: "This is great news for the club and fans alike. With Michael's brother William, Guy Martin, Conor Cummins and others in the mix we are going to see some first class racing.

"This is Michael's home course. We were all immensely proud of what he achieved at the TT and there is no doubt in my mind that he's coming here to accept nothing less than the top podium place.

"The RiverRidge Recycling Race of Legends, our last race of the day, is going to be one of the highlights. I'm really looking forward to a fantastic and safe event.

"We really are blown away by the numbers interested in entering across all the classes, and sadly have had to turn quite a few away.

"If we'd known there were going to be these numbers we could have maybe organised to run an A and B class for some of the races – which is something we will definitely think about for next year!"

[Image: mickydunlopwithbike6.jpg]

Roads close on Friday, July 26 from 2.30pm for race practice and re-open no later than 9.30pm. On Saturday, July 27, race day, closures are from 10.00am until 7.30pm.

Saturday's first race is the 125 GP, sponsored by the Bayview Hotel and followed by the JW Hickinson & Co 450 Moto and Armoy Homes & Mermaid Club Junior Support Race.

Morning action continues with the Moyle District Council 600 SuperSport, Ballymoney Borough Council Junior Classic and SGS International Superbike Open Race.

A packed afternoon then follows with the Armoy Supporters Club and G&G Ross Quarries sponsored Senior Classics, Centra Ballymoney 250cc, and Diamond Bar 400cc before the Armoy Construction & Park Electrical Services Senior Support.

"We also have world championship rider Jeremy McWilliams making his Armoy debut in the 650 SuperTwins, sponsored by Roadside Garage, Vauxhall," Bill kennedy added.

"This is a great coup for us and I can't wait to see what he can do on the circuit, although I know young Jamie Hamilton and Conor Cummins and a few others will want to give him a run for his money.

"It's nice to see Maria Costello, one of the few female riders back again with us and with nearly 40 riders the Roadside Vauxhall SuperTwin is a race not to be missed."

For a full list of Bike Week events, continuing with a Classic Bike display tomorrow, see official website http://www.amrrc.com.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

By Jim Gracey
23-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Website Find Reply