Aberdare Clean Sweep For Cooper
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Aberdare Clean Sweep For Cooper
[Image: centurionhdr.jpg]

Despite not having raced at Aberdare Park previously, Centurion Racing Team rider Dan Cooper swept the board with an unbeaten performance at the 0.9-mile Welsh track emerging with six victories for the Cornish-based team at the weekend.

Now fully recovered from the freak shoulder injury which affected his performances towards the end of TT week, the former 125cc British Champion was in action on the Centurion Racing Triumph 675 where such names as Mike Hailwood, John Surtees, Bob McIntyre, Phil Read, John Cooper, Neil Tuxworth, Joey Dunlop, Ian Lougher, Carl Fogarty and many more have competed over the past sixty years.

On Saturday, Dan was out early in a 10 minute qualifier for the 600cc Park Challenge which was followed by a 10 minute session for the Welsh Open and he was quickest in both. This was followed by a six lap race heat for both the Welsh Open and the Park Challenge and Cooper again was in control before winning the 600cc Park Challenge later in the day on a dry track.

The weather turned overnight and the track varied from dry to very wet with periodic torrential downpours. Dan had a further heat for the Welsh Open and was unbeaten as he secured pole position for the 15-lap Welsh Open race.

Meanwhile, the 26-year-old from Stroud took a second victory in the 600cc Park Challenge race before deciding which tyres to use for the all-important feature race.

Choosing a wet front and dry rear, a battle soon developed between Cooper and lap record holder John Simpson on another 675cc Triumph before the race was red-flagged on lap two. The restart saw a similar battle with Simpson leading before Cooper took over on lap six and held on to win comfortably and complete a clean sweep of victories.

[Image: DanielCooperAberdare2013.jpg]

Dan Cooper:

"I am delighted to have won all of my heats and races at Aberdare as this being my first competitive visit to the Park. It has been a brilliant weekend for me and the Centurion Racing Team, we did not know what to expect coming here but we have got the results in very tricky conditions and this has been a great event for me leading up to the Ulster GP next month."

Centurion Racing will continue to show their support for Help for Heroes, their chosen charity, by displaying H4H logos on the bikes and team attire. Team Principal Paul Rees, who spent 20 years in Her Majesty's Royal Marine Commandos, was given permission to have the bikes carry the H4H logos in order to encourage the public to be more aware of this charity that supports our Armed Forces, many of whom are making daily sacrifices in Afghanistan.

Centurion Racing would specially like to thank Arai, FTR, GPR Racewear, Dunlop, RichArt, R2 Logo Print & Embroidery, Akrapovic, SW Commercials, 2K Coachworks, Fuchs Silkolene and Daytona for personally supporting Dan, and all our friends and followers.

Picture courtesy of Clive Challinor
31-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Website Find Reply