Valentine steps down as Halsall Racing Team Manager
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Valentine steps down as Halsall Racing Team Manager
[Image: jackvalentineheadshot.jpg]

After just two rounds of the 2013 British Superbike Championship, Valmoto boss and experienced race team manager Jack Valentine has stepped down from his post as Team Manager to Bolton-based Halsall Racing.

Valentine says:

"I was really enjoying being back in BSB and in only two meetings it was great to see the team’s rider, Lee Costello, make a massive step forward in performance and start to show his true potential.”

The Halsall Racing team recently announced the signing of 2012 BSB Showdown rider Tommy Bridewell for the rest of the season starting at next weekend’s event at Oulton Park.

Valentine continues:

"I knew this meant exciting times ahead. Tommy's got podium potential and I was looking forward to the extra work involved in building a strong and well-structured team to finish the 2013 season on a high and in a strong position to start 2014."

However, in order to do this efficiently, Valentine felt he needed to put more time in to the team than just being a "front man" at race weekends, but an agreement to do this couldn't be found with the team owner Martin Halsall.

Valentine concludes:

"It's really frustrating for me to have to make the decision to step down from my role with the team, but I know what it takes to build a professional and title-contending team and I don’t feel I can use my experience to do this in the right way at this time.”

02-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Website Find Reply