Apologies for no MGP Coverage
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Apologies for no MGP Coverage
As most of you will know, I run this website on my own, providing news updates and information from wherever I find myself to be located in the world, whenever I am on my travels and whatever else I may be engaged upon.

Unfortunately I have been indisposed through suffering a dislocated ankle and fractured Fibula since the 6th of August, only being released from hospital to continue with my recovery at home on Friday the 23rd.

This is the first MGP coverage that I have missed in over ten years, and for those of you who are regular visitors to the site, and who have been looking for updates, I apologize for not being able to provide this for you.

Here's hoping that I can clear the backlog of email updates I have received and once again start to update the website as I normally do.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

26-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Apologies for no MGP Coverage
No problem Malcolm, I'm just sorry I did not feed you my news from the MGP, my first visit for 23 years. I saw a lot of changes, not least the fact that the MGP took second place to this Classic TT event which really should have been more separate from the Manx - to me it was a continuous attempt to have a festival of motorcycling incorporating elements of the Manx and the old TTs and in doing this format, they seemed to miss the mark somewhat.
Many "Classics" were modern reproductions of the bikes from days gone by....I asked one chap with a Matchless G50 "How old is this" and was told "Oh, Three and a half years" ---

I loved hearing the sounds but there must be a more honest evaluation of these copy bikes. I'm not against having guys with loose money making these copies using modern metals and techniques and actually loved hearing Honda 4s and 6s coming at me at the Crosby Hotel in 2013, remembering them at the same spot in the decade of the 1960s.

I am writing up my own appraisal of my two weeks at the MANX/CLASSIC TT and hope that those who read it will see it through my eyes, the eyes of one fan who has been loyal to the TT for 66 years and yet loyal to the Manx for only six !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
08-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Website Find Reply