MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TARGET SHOWDOWN AT DONINGTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA TARGET SHOWDOWN AT DONINGTON PARK
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team head to Donington Park this weekend (6/7/8 September) for the ninth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, determined to secure their place in the end of season title Showdown with James Ellison needing just seven points to confirm his Title Fighter position.

Ellison arrives at Donington Park with the goal to box off his Showdown position in race one and to importantly add to his podium credit tally ahead of the title deciding final three rounds. Ellison scored a podium finish last time out at Cadwell Park and is aiming to carry his winning momentum from his double in the Silverstone 200 support race at last weekend’s British Grand Prix.

Josh Waters is also looking ahead to Donington Park after finishing on the podium at the Silverstone 200 race last weekend as the Australian bids to move up the standings after the two races this weekend.

Ellison said:

“We wanted to get that place in the Showdown at Cadwell Park and that obviously didn’t happen so the first race at Donington we need to get that sorted as we can’t afford for anything to go wrong. I won’t say I am going to take it easy, as we still need to close the gap in the podium credit table, but we need to have a solid race one and then once that Showdown place is confirmed all hell can break loose! Usually I am not a rider that has race tactics or anything like that but now we need the place in the Showdown and then to go hell for leather over the final rounds to fight for those wins.”

Waters said:

“We had a good weekend at Silverstone with some more time of the bike and I was feeling quite comfortable so I am looking forward to having a go at Donington Park. We made more improvements at Cadwell Park, which is a quirky kind of track, so hopefully we can build on that this weekend.”

04-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Website Find Reply