Splitlath at Le Mans 24 Hrs.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Splitlath at Le Mans 24 Hrs.
[Image: splitlathredmondbadge2013.jpg]
Le Mans 24 Hours

[Image: splitlathprelemans2013.jpg]

The German round last month proved that the Splitlath Redmond LouitMoto Endurance team has the pace and talent to run at the front of the Superstock pack in the FIM Endurance World Championship.

This weekend's epic 24 hour race at Le Mans will give the team a vent for the disappointment felt after Florian Marino was clipped early in the Oschersleben race.

Our French team is on home turf, at a circuit which demands so much yet rewards so highly. Passions will run high in a packed grid fuelled by the extraordinary scenes commonplace around the circuit as fans celebrate anything and everything.

Splitlath Redmond co-owner and ex-Olympian Derek Redmond, no stranger to endurance racing, has set the bar high for this weekend:

"I am expecting our young French team to do well this time out. Not only is it our "home" round but the guys should be highly motivated and confident after qualifying so well in Germany."

"The fact that they are racing at the most famous endurance circuit in the world is making the hair on the back of my neck (I don't have much on my head!) stand up so I know the team will be feeling the same."

Le Mans, to the west of central France, has played host to momentous motorsport events for over a 100 years. British luxury car brand Bentley adopted the name of the long straight - Mulsanne – for one its premier models to celebrate their seminal success in the early days of motorsport.

[Image: splitlathkwackerprelemans.jpg]

The Kawasaki ZX10R is virtually brand new for this round; it will be never be a better mount for our three young Jedi Knights. Each must remain focused for one hour out of every three, support each other through the hard hours and use The Force in the darkness.

There is more to motorcycle racing than 45 minute-long sprints. There is Le Mans.

19-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Website Find Reply