TOP THREE FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA ON OPENING DAY AT ASSEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TOP THREE FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA ON OPENING DAY AT ASSEN
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team had a strong start to the Showdown in the opening free practice sessions at Assen today as James Ellison set the third fastest time, the second fastest of the Title Fighters.

Ellison had been fourth fastest in the opening free practice on his return to Assen but as the title contender built up throughout the two sessions, his pace improved and he was just 0.382 seconds adrift of the quickest time at the end of the first day. Tommy Bridewell made his debut with the team today and despite a high-speed crash in the opening session he continued to adapt to the Milwaukee Yamaha and showed his determination by setting the tenth fastest time.

Ellison said

“It has been a successful day really, especially this afternoon. We seem to have been making more changes than normal but to be honest it has made the difference today and we have found a chunk of time so we know that there is a lot more to come. To end today third fastest was good for me and the team and we know we have a few things still to work through in the morning so it has been a good start to the weekend for me.”

Bridewell said:

“The Milwaukee Yamaha feels good; it’s obviously a lot different to what I have ridden this season, so I have been adapting my riding style a bit today. For sure when I have done some more laps I will get the best out of the Yamaha and be faster. The crash this morning lost us a bit of time and it was at about 100mph; I have caught my finger but nothing serious. This afternoon I found my feet; the position isn’t beautiful but I am happy enough as I know we have more to come still, so thanks to the team for their efforts today.”

20-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Website Find Reply