Mobile phones
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mobile phones
There was an item somewhere a while back about how mobile phone charges work on the Island for visitors.
Does anyone know anything about this please? (I have a 13 year old son and I don't want to be declared bankrupt after the TT.)
Ta!

18-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Mobile phones
if i were you i would only use tex messages as Manx Telecom charges are a rip off!
18-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a link on the front page of the site (scrolling text beneath the TT Museum Banner), which takes you to the relevant information page for Manx Telecom and mobile phone usage on the Island. however to make it easier, here is the link.

<A HREF="http://www.manx-telecom.com/mobile/Roaming/visitor.asp">http://www.manx-telecom.com/mobile/Roaming/visitor.asp</A>
18-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

18-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Russ,

Is this a commercial advertisement or what, when did you get into mobile phone sales ?

Perhaps I could put your link on the website, but mind you I would want my customary 15% for anything souced through TTwebsite.

What is this that I hear, you are making a comeback, I thought "Old Blue Eyes" had the monopoly on that, mind you he is no longer with us, so I suppose someone has too take up that mantle
19-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would it be a suitable recompense if he bought you a drink at the Hilton on Tuesday night of TT week?
19-05-2003, 06:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

it would be a pleasure to do so, if only Malcolm was ever in the same part of the world as me at the same time.
Could TT 2003 be the year???
Also thanks for the vote of confidence to, as least someone thinks I'll make it to race week :-) :-) :-) :-)
Russ

19-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Russ, will be on the Island for at least Practice week. Drop me a line and lets see what can be arranged.
19-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi

Ok Malcolm, I will be on the Island as of 6.30am Sat 24th, until 19.15 on
Thursday 5th June, day before Senior.
As with all TT and MGP weeks it is hard to make any kind of plans as to
where and when I can be able to meet up with people, but I think the best
thing should be that if you have a Manx number I can call you on when I'm
there, or your mobile then that would be good, alternatively you can ring me
on my Manx Mobile as of Sat 24th 6.30 am its
07624 456440
It will be good to finally put a face to the name and the voice, bit like a
jigsaw :-)
Cheers
Russ

19-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ha, get there 1 day ahead of you. Will be at the Ginger all week (to get my head down anyway).

Will drop you a line with mobile number etc.

Likewise, at last a face to the name and the voice.
20-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Finally, it was good to meet you today Malcolm , enjoyed the chat.
For all of you out there just for the record it was over coffee in a cafe and NOT a pub!! :-)
Russ
27-05-2003, 03:26 PM