MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET FOR BRANDS HATCH SEASON FINALE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA SET FOR BRANDS HATCH SEASON FINALE
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team return to Brands Hatch in Kent this weekend for the final round of the 2013 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship with James Ellison still mathematically in the hunt for the title and team-mate Tommy Bridewell aiming to add to his tally of podium finishes.

Ellison is 42 points adrift of standings leader Shane Byrne but knows that with a maximum of 75 points still available from the triple-header weekend he could still elevate himself higher than third in the standings. Ellison was victorious at the circuit on the Indy configuration at the start of the season and was on the podium back in August so has high hopes ahead of the season finale. On the opposite side of the garage Bridewell has scored three podium finishes from four races after joining the team at Assen and is fully focused on carrying that momentum into the last three races of the season.

Ellison said:

“At Brands Hatch there is only one thing we can do and that is to go out and win all three races. The lead might have stretched in the points but I haven’t given up on the title yet because as we saw at Assen in this championship anything can happen and it usually does during the Showdown! I will be pushing hard all weekend because we can do nothing more than try and score those three race wins and there is no reason why we can’t do that. I feel happy ahead of Brands Hatch as we have had some strong races there already this season and we will do everything we can. I have been working harder than ever on my training as they are going to be three long, hard races but we will be ready.”

[Image: ellisonatsileverstone2013.jpg]
James Ellison at Silverstone.
Pic by Impact Images

Bridewell said:

“I am obviously looking forward to it as it could be an even better round for us after Assen and Silverstone. We have the potential for another good result and all credit has to go to the team because I have been able to adapt so fast to the Yamaha and have been able to deliver those podiums because of their experience and hard work. I am going to Brands Hatch desperately hoping I can get my maiden race win or at least podiums and I will be pushing as hard as possible to make that happen. My goal is always to do the best job I can and the beauty here is that I am not part of the championship in terms of having a title to lose so there will be no rolling off at Brands Hatch.”

14-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Website Find Reply