Shakey sets sights on record-breaking fourth title
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey sets sights on record-breaking fourth title
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne has his sights set on celebrating a record-breaking fourth MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship title at his home circuit of Brands Hatch this weekend but the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider knows that it won't be easy against his 2013 nemesis Alex Lowes.

Byrne and Lowes are separated by just a single point ahead of this weekend after an epic clash last time out at Silverstone, when the pair shared the wins as Shakey overcome the pain of a huge free practice crash which left him on crutches. Byrne admits that he refused to give up on the title fight at Silverstone despite the pain and is now ready to take on Lowes in the final three races of the 2013 season.

Byrne said:

"I am feeling a lot better now than I did at the last round and the few days after Silverstone. Since then I have had more physio sessions and been back in training so I am in the best possible position I can be in ready for Brands Hatch. I think the final round will be similar to the rest of the Showdown as it has been so close between myself and Alex but hopefully I get the balance in my direction at Brands Hatch! We have had some great battles and with only one point between us we both know that no matter what we need to beat each other. The reality is, that no matter who else is battling with us, I need to beat him and he needs to beat me and it really is that simple.

"I love Brands Hatch; not just because it is my local circuit - it could be anywhere and I would still love it because of the characteristics. I have had such incredible support there in the past and the track has been really good to me but it has also been cruel at times too. We have all ridden at Brands Hatch and know it equally, but hopefully it can be kind to me again this weekend. To be honest no words can describe what winning the title again would mean to me because it is worth far more than I can say. It's so important and the only reason why I am here."

15-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Website Find Reply