Ryan Farquhar considers racing return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ryan Farquhar considers racing return
[Image: ryanfarquharatfinishline.jpg]

Ryan Farquhar could race competitively for the first time since retiring from road racing in September last year at the Sunflower Trophy short circuit meeting on October 26.

The KMR Kawasaki team boss told the News Letter he was considering competing in the Supertwin class at Bishopscourt in Co Down with a view to carrying out development work on the ER6 for 2014.

Farquhar, the most successful Irish national road racer ever, said:

“There are things I want to test for next year but it’s very hard getting a rider to give the proper feedback I need to sort the bikes out, so it would be a good opportunity at the Sunflower to get some work done for next season.

“If I ride the bike myself then I know straight away from experience what I need to do to get it right and it’s obviously even better from that point of view in a race situation.

“I’ll see what happens but I’ve talked it over with Karen [Ryan’s wife] and explained to her from my point of view what my thinking is,”
he added.

“It would probably be a one-off and it’s all about developing the bikes.”

Farquhar called it quits after his uncle, Trevor Ferguson, died following a crash at the Manx Grand Prix last year.

Pressed on whether he would ever consider returning to the roads, the Dungannon man said: “It’s very unlikely, but I’ve options to ride bikes at the Classic TT for example with Roger Winfield, who would gladly give me a bike. Who knows though - never is a long time.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
16-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Website Find Reply