Lorenzo: ‘It’s going to be exciting…’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo: ‘It’s going to be exciting…’
[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

Jorge Lorenzo heads into this weekend’s MotoGP™ finale in Valencia with a chance of becoming the tenth rider to claim three premier class world title. The Yamaha Factory Racing man will be up against Repsol Honda Team’s Marc Marquez.

Lorenzo heads to the Ricardo Tormo circuit with a 13-point deficit to make up and history shows that only twice before has a rider come from behind to grab the title in a final-race shootout, with that having last happened when Nicky Hayden won the championship in Valencia seven years ago. Should Lorenzo be able to clinch his third title, he would also successfully defend a premier class crown for the first time.

[Image: lorenzoprevalencia2013.jpg]

“So we come to the last race in Valencia,” the World Champion of 2010 and 2012 says on Wednesday. “It’s going to be exciting, maybe the most exciting of all the season. We are still in the fight and that is the most important thing right now. I’m very stimulated because three races ago we thought the championship was over. Instead, we have a chance to fight for the title. Valencia is my home race and it will be very emotional considering our position in the championship.”

Knowing he has caught up to Marquez by 30 points across the last two races, Lorenzo now strives to regain the championship lead for what would be the first time since Qatar at the very start of the campaign on the first weekend of April.

“We don’t have anything to lose but everything to win and this card plays on our side,” the Mallorcan continues, having first won in Valencia three years ago. “Maybe our main rival can feel much more pressure in Valencia than us because he is so close to victory. I look forward to riding there and pushing with all my force.

“If we can continue to ride at our level, we can fight for the win and then wait for the circumstances (necessary to win the title). You never know what can happen, especially if the forecast is uncertain as it was last year. We trust in ourselves and we expect a good race in front of our fans. We will never give up until the end!”

After winning the last two Grands Prix in Australia and Japan back-to-back, Lorenzo has now claimed one more victory than Marquez in 2013 (seven to six).

07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Website Find Reply