Keith Farmer vows to put career back on track
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Keith Farmer vows to put career back on track
[Image: keithfarmerjump.jpg]

Keith Farmer hopes to bounce back stronger than ever in 2014 after the Clogher rider endured a disappointing debut in the MCE British Superbike Championship this season.

Farmer joined Paul Bird’s Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki BSB team after securing the National Superstock 1000 title for Bird in 2012, but after a promising start his season began to unravel.

The former Irish Supermoto star, who also clinched the Superstock 600 crown in 2011, was unable to reproduce his best form after his confidence took a battering following a series of crashes.

Farmer was replaced in the team by Japanese star Noriyuki Haga for the final three Showdown rounds at Assen, Silverstone and Brands Hatch, bringing his association with Cumbrian Bird to an end.

He is considering a number of offers and although nothing concrete has been finalised, Farmer told News Letter Sport he hopes to make a swift return to the BSB paddock next year.

“I spoke to Stuart Higgs [BSB Race Director] about things and made it clear that my preferred choice is to be in Superbikes, so we’ll see what happens,” he said.

“It’s just frustrating now waiting to hear what I’ll be doing next year, but I’ve a number of options and it’s a matter of waiting it out at the minute.”

Farmer has been linked with Buildbase BMW and Tsingtao Kawasaki.

Should nothing materialise in terms of a BSB ride, he has an option of returning to the National Superstock 1000 class in a satellite BMW team managed by Terry Rymer.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Website Find Reply