Pedrosa upbeat following Thursday surgery
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pedrosa upbeat following Thursday surgery
[Image: dannyandmarcofrench2011.jpg]
Danny and Marco at the French GP in 2011.

Dani Pedrosa looks forward to his recuperation period, having undergone surgery in Barcelona on Thursday immediately after the MotoGP™ test session in Valencia.

The operation, carried out by Dr. Xavier Mir at Barcelona’s Quiron Dexeus University Hospital, involved removing a plate and 13 screws from the Repsol Honda Team rider’s right collarbone. These had been inserted after the Spaniard was injured in a crash with Marco Simoncelli at the 2011 French Grand Prix.

“I’ve undergone surgery to remove the plate and 13 screws from my right collarbone operation in 2011, which I required as a result of the crash I had that season,” Pedrosa explains on Friday.

“We will have to wait a few days to see how everything develops and, above all, give it a little time. That’s why I chose this break in our schedule to undergo the operation. Now I need to rest up, but I can’t wait to be fully recovered soon.”

Earlier on this season, it was the left collarbone which Pedrosa damaged when he highsided at the Sachsenring; this left him out of the German Grand Prix.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
16-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Website Find Reply