Splitlath - MACAU 2013 - RACE REPORT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Splitlath - MACAU 2013 - RACE REPORT
[Image: splitlathdfabethdr.jpg]

[Image: splitlathmacau2013pic1.jpg]

The race is done.

As the red flag fell on lap 13 of 15, and Ian Hutchinson took the win we had our own celebrations to start. Our Team America crossed the line in 11th and 20th place with Miller achieving his real aim - around 10th, and Brandon getting a personal best by knocking 3 seconds off his qualifying time.

None of this could have happened without the outstanding AMA series crew who brought the bikes over. This American superbike series team have adapted to new riders and a new-to-them challenge magnificently. Every single change they made to the machines has knocked seconds off lap times, without fail.

Mark Miller took a flying start after some on-grid advice from the crew chief Ronnie, and headed for the notorious Lisboa tight right-hander at the end of the wide start/finish section in 10th place. Then, near -disaster struck:

"I had a fantastic start and went around a bunch of dudes, got nice and cleanly through Manderin (kink on Start/Finish straight) then got on the brakes but a couple of guys went way deep and started torpedoing everyone. Luckily I was on the outside and managed to outbrake everything but then Horst Saiger bounced off the airwall and I managed to miss him without sacrificing much of the corner line."

"Then we overtook some more guys, we lost some which is a shame, and I was able to just get my head down and gap everyone. The bike was just awesome, great in the corners even if still a little down on top speed - which we knew. So close to top 10 but hey, it's time for beer! "

[Image: splitlathmacau2013pic2.jpg]

Brandon on his 20th place finish - he started 32nd:

"We came looking for a top 20 finish and a personal best, which we've done. We've had set backs with having to change the engine in qualifying but kudos to the guys for sorting it so quickly. I got a lightning start as these Buells leap off the line - I used 2nd gear from standstill and blasted past about 5 guys then latched onto the faster guys ahead to pull my lap times down. We had a great race, everyone who crashed is ok, so couldn't have asked for a better weekend."

[Image: splitlathmacau2013pic3.jpg]

Team co-owner John Dimbylow:

"What a totally fantastic race. To be able to pull together a unique bike which few have even seen let alone raced, two riders who haven't worked together with a crew which haven't met the riders before nor been to the circuit is a huge achievement which everyone should be proud of. I could genuinely cry right now!

Next week I am heading over to meet Erik Buell, which is very exciting as I love everything he does, to discuss what possibilites we have in front of us, and we are very keen on working with an electric bike too. So next year is going to be massive one for us, and everyone had best click the like button and favourite our great website to keep up!"

Only time will tell if the EBR will be seen in our colours again, but right now we are confident we have two riders who would be at the front of a long queue to ride them again.

Please remember to Like our Facebook and YouTube feeds, follow us on Twitter and by all means even stalk us. We're hoping for some big news coming out soon.

16-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Website Find Reply