Doohan signs up for Race of Champions
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Doohan signs up for Race of Champions
[Image: mickdoohangeneral.jpg]

MotoGP™ Legend Mick Doohan has been confirmed on the entry list for this year’s Race of Champions in Bangkok, Thailand.

Taking place in Bangkok’s Rajamangala Stadium on 14-15 December, the Race of Champions will feature stars from across the motorsport world including multiple F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher, Le Mans 24 Hour legend Tom Kristensen, World Rally Champion Sebastien Ogier and quadruple V8 Supercar Champion Jamie Whincup, whom Doohan will partner to make up Team Australia in the ROC Nations Cup.

"It’s a real privilege to be coming back to the Race Of Champions and to have another chance to team up with Jamie, who lives near me on the Gold Coast," says Doohan. "Of course it’s tough for a bike racer to come up against so many great drivers, but I’ll be determined not to let the side down.

"I don’t get too much competitive action these days, but I have a kart circuit at home and I have a buggy with a 600cc engine so I’ll try to get out on that when I can. The Race Of Champions is friendly off the track but that all evaporates when we’re waiting on the start line, so I’d better be prepared…"

Doohan claimed the premier class world title in five consecutive seasons between 1994 and 1998, as well as achieving 54 Grand Prix victories, 95 podium finishes, 58 pole positions and 46 race fastest laps across his glittering career.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
21-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Website Find Reply