Claassic TT 2014 - Update
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Claassic TT 2014 - Update
[Image: classicttlogo.jpg]

Dear Classic TT Teams and Competitors

I am conscious it has been a while since we have give you and update on plans so I thought I should drop you all a quick not to bring you up to speed.

Our team is pretty swamped with Isle of Man TT work at the moment as plans for that event continue to ramp up. However that doesn’t mean that Classic TT has been put to one side. Far from it, and plans for the second Classic TT continue to be developed at some pace.

In the very near future (hopefully this coming week) the regulations for the 2014 event will be released along with those for the Manx GP Races and entries for the event will open.

The regulations feature a number of small changes throughout, but I don’t think that there is anything significant in there that you won’t already know about. One point to note however is the early date for the closing of entries which will be the 31st of Mach 2014. This date has been brought forward to help us manage our work flows in and around the TT and to ensure we give you all the best level of administrative service. That means that the entry will be confirmed for all classes before the TT to allow everyone the most amount of time possible to make their plans.

One change that you might perhaps not know about however, is the reversal back to the previous system of allocating start numbers and positions for all Classic TT (and Manx GP) Races.

We are currently working with the Manx Motor Cycle Club and Department of Infrastructure to investigate opportunities to increase the amount of time available for qualifying. It may still be a few weeks before we can confirm our position on this, however we remain optimistic that we can add additional track time to the schedule for qualifying.

I will be in touch again soon to advise you all that entries are open. In the mean time, if you require anything other information, please do get in touch.

Best wishes
Paul

Paul Phillips

TT & Motorsport Development Manager

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 12:01 PM by Malcolm.)
03-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Website Find Reply