Russ Mountford out to make his mark at North West 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Russ Mountford out to make his mark at North West 200
[Image: russmountford1.jpg]

Wigan’s Russ Mountford is hoping for better luck at the Vauxhall International North West 200 in May after his debut in 2009 was thwarted by bad weather.

Mountford only managed a handful of laps on that occasion, but returns to the north coast event this year to compete in the Superbike and Superstock races on Honda and Kawasaki machinery respectively plus a Triumph 675 for the Supersport class.

“I had so little time on track in ’09 that I’m hoping the organisers will let me start as a newcomer this year,” Mountford joked.

“I will have my Superbike-spec Honda Fireblade as well as the ZX-10R Kawasaki Superstocker that I raced at the Ulster Grand Prix last year. We’ve freshened up the Superbike with new suspension and I’ll also have the 675 Triumph for the Supersport races.

“I have to learn the course again and get the bikes set up and if I get that right then I will be looking for top ten finishes this year,”
added Mountford, who finished fifth in the 2012 Lightweight TT.

Mountford has progressed to the roads after beginning his career on the short circuits and intends to compete at the Isle of Man TT, Southern 100, Ulster Grand Prix and Scarborough meetings in 2014.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
06-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Website Find Reply