Ryan Farquhar and Keith Amor confirmed for Tandragee 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ryan Farquhar and Keith Amor confirmed for Tandragee 100
[Image: tandragee100logo.jpg]

Ryan Farquhar will make his national road racing return at the Tandragee 100 in May.

The Dungannon star and Scotland’s Keith Amor have been confirmed for the Co Armagh meeting in a huge boost for the organisers.

Both riders are coming out of retirement this season with the ultimate aim of returning to competition at the Isle of Man TT, where Farquhar and Amor will ride the KMR Kawasaki Supertwin machines under the SGS International banner.

Amor, who remains a big hit with the Ulster fans following his memorable battles with Farquhar at the national meetings in the past, will also contest the Supersport class this year on a 600cc Honda for Site Sealants B&W Racing.

Farquhar quit road racing in 2012 after his uncle, Trevor Ferguson, was tragically killed at the Manx Grand Prix but has taken the decision to return to the sport to focus primarily on the Supertwin class.

He will ride the Kawasaki ER6 at Tandragee and will also take the opportunity to chalk up some laps on Roger Winfield’s 500 Paton in the Classic race ahead of his debut at the Classic TT in August.

Amor will line up for the Supertwin and Supersport races as the 41-year-old – who retired at the end of 2011 due to a shoulder injury – makes his first appearance at Tandragee since 2009.

[Image: ryanfandkamor3.jpg]

Farquhar told the News Letter:

“Both myself and Keith will race at Tandragee this year after reaching agreement with the organisers.

“I’ve always enjoyed racing there and it’s probably the best national road racing course there is. If your bike works at Tandragee then it’ll pretty much work anywhere.

“Myself and Keith have had some hard races at Tandragee in the past but I just want to go out and enjoy myself,”
he added.

“There’s no pressure and we’re going there mainly to get track time. It’ll be another race under our belts for our course licence for the Isle of Man TT.”

Farquhar is the most successful national road racer in history, notching a staggering 199 victories throughout his career.

The 37-year-old has the chance to reach a landmark 200th win at Tandragee on May 3, but Farquhar says extending that record isn’t at the top of his agenda.

“I’m not even thinking abut the 200 wins, if it happens, it happens, but if not I won’t be disappointed,” he said.

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. Hopefully the weather will be good on the day.”

Farquhar is also set to return to the Vauxhall International North West 200 on May 17 along with Amor, Jeremy McWilliams and Connor Behan on the KMR Supertwin machines, with former 125cc and Moto3 Grand Prix contender Webb also in line to make his debut on the Triangle course.

Webb will ride Kawasaki Supertwin and ZX-10R Superstock machines for Farquhar at this year’s Isle of Man TT.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
14-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Website Find Reply