Bridewell ready to start championship assault with testing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bridewell ready to start championship assault with testing
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell is determined to pick up where he left off at the end of last season as the Milwaukee Yamaha rider gears up for their first pre-season test of the 2014 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cartagena next week.

Bridewell scored three podium finishes with the team last season and is now looking ahead to testing and building on his previous experience as he targets a career first race win this season. The Devizes rider admits that despite his impressive debut with the team last year there is still more to learn about the Yamaha and that the upcoming test will give him the chance to develop the R1 ahead of the season opener at Brands Hatch this Easter.

Bridewell said:

"The test couldn't come soon enough for me as I am really ready to get the season started. I am not going to be aiming to break the lap record straight away but I certainly see the test as myself and the Milwaukee Yamaha team starting our assault on the championship. In the past there has been a lot of talk about times and how everyone is shaping up but I am just looking at what I can do. It has been a long winter and although I did three rounds with the team last season I still feel that I have more to learn about the Yamaha and that is what is exciting me about testing. We also have the new 17" wheels to test and get back into riding again after a winter of training and motocross. I feel ready to go now and it is important to start the season off in the best possible way."

28-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Website Find Reply