TT race winner Hillier stands in for injured Mainwaring at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT race winner Hillier stands in for injured Mainwaring at Brands Hatch
[Image: jameshillieratbsb.jpg]

Quattro Plant Kawasaki have confirmed this morning that TT race winner James Hillier will line up on the grid at Brands Hatch for the opening round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship to replace Howie Mainwaring as he recovers from his shoulder injury.

Mainwaring had been building with the team in pre-season testing, however a crash during the Snetterton test left him nursing a dislocated shoulder, with surgery planned for today in order to focus on returning for his home round at Oulton Park this May Bank Holiday weekend (3-5 May).

Hillier is already lining up for the team this season at the Isle of Man TT after winning for the first time in 2013 in the Lightweight race. The Hampshire-based rider is looking ahead now to his first outing on the Superbike this year with just seven days to go until the season opener at Brands Hatch.

Hillier said:

"Whilst it's a great opportunity for me to ride it's a shame it's under the circumstances of Howie being injured and I hope he is back soon. I will certainly be doing my best to try to pick up a few points and I am excited at being back for the BSB opener at Brands Hatch."

Team owner Pete Extance added:

"I contacted Howie yesterday and he is having an operation to pin the shoulder today so hopefully he can regain fitness quickly after that. James Hillier is a perfect replacement for the team being a Quattro Plant rider and it will help him and the team with his run up to the TT , Whilst James may not be at the front of the pack he will certainly be pushing hard to score some Championship points, We hope to see Howie back soon."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
10-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Website Find Reply