Manx Telecom launches Ramsey Rocket sponsorship for 2014 season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Manx Telecom launches Ramsey Rocket sponsorship for 2014 season
[Image: conoronjacksonbike.jpg]

Manx Telecom is sponsoring TT star Conor Cummins for the third successive season. The ‘Ramsey Rocket’, who holds the TT Mountain Course lap record from a standing start and is the fastest Manxman ever to race the legendary 37.75 mile circuit, is competing with the Honda Racing team this season alongside 20 time TT winner John McGuinness. Conor will be on board a 2014 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade in the in the TT and North West 200 in the Superbike and Senior classes. He will also contest the Superstock 1000 class with RAF Reserves Honda. Fans will see Conor wearing the Manx Telecom logo on his leathers and it will also appear on his official website http://www.conorcummins.com

He said:

“Being a local lad sponsored by a local company is a perfect combination for me. Manx Telecom have shown a lot of faith in me over the years and I hope to reward their commitment and loyalty with some good results this season. I’m looking forward to riding for Honda, to be part of their team has been something I’ve been aiming for my whole career so this is a huge season for me. In my eyes this is the absolute pinnacle of road racing. The team has so much experience and I just want to make the most of the opportunity I’ve been given.”

Conor’s racing success, and in particular his courageous and inspiring return to the sport following a serious crash in the 2010 Senior TT, have won him fans around the world and made him one of the Island’s most popular sportsmen.

Voirrey Barron, Manx Telecom’s Marketing Communications Manager, said:

“Conor has always been a fantastic ambassador for us and we’re delighted to sponsor him again this season. He represents all that is great about the TT, and the fact that he is a local rider means there is even more reason for us to support his racing ambitions. We wish Conor every success and look forward to giving our customers the chance to win some fantastic prizes. Conor will also be at our Strand Street store on May 10 to sign photos and have his picture taken with fans.”

Both Conor and Manx Telecom have roles supporting the Island’s national team in the build-up to this year’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Conor is a Team Isle of Man Ambassador which involves him helping to encourage public support for the Island’s national team. Manx Telecom became a Team Isle of Man Champion as part of a fundraising initiative for the Island’s team preparing to go for gold in Glasgow this summer.

James Qualtrough
22-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Website Find Reply